Saturday, March 15, 2008

A constant error i make against Christianity

As I reread "The Jesus Prayer: A Monk of the Eastern Church" tonight, I came across a quote that Archimandrite Lev Gillet said to his brother and mother after he converted from Roman Catholicsm to Orthodoxy. "I have gone where I believed that I could find, I will not say another light, but the same light in a purer form. " and "presents the light of Christin a purer form than do the other Churches". I read these two quotes a few more times. I wanted these two profound truths to really sink in to me. Father Gillet never denies the other Churches of their love of Christ. Moreover, I felt that I go overboard at times about the other denominations differences rather than enjoying the similarities. Kyrie Eleison. Please forgive me my brothers and sisters if offended any of you of the past sayings and/or actions I done in regards to this.. I will try my best to be a better servant of Christ.

Also i recommend everyone to read "The Jesus Prayer: A Monk of the Eastern Church". Thanks to Daniel Dooley Semassen for introducing me to this book.

No comments: